Board of Trustees
- District 1
- Steve Patton
- District 2
- Bill D'Onofrio
- District 3
- Dale Scheiderer
- District 4
- Dave Thornton
- District 5
- Dan Westlake
- District 6
- Jeff Reinhard
- District 7
- Jeff Wilson
You can e-mail any questions or concerns to the URE board of trustees: send email
2021 Election - Districts 1, 4, and 5 are up for election
Consumer-Members of the Cooperative are represented in the business planning of the organization through the democratic election of a Board of Trustees.
Representation is divided into seven geographic districts.
The Board of Trustee election ballots are mailed out in the month of May. When you receive the envelope make sure you read the bios and VOTE for ONE trustee for EVERY district. In addition to the board elections, there might be changes to the terms & conditions or the code of regulation.
The ballot contains your Member number and Passcode which you will need to be able to vote online. Simple instructions are included. Whether you wish to vote ONLINE or by MAIL. Please follow the instructions and make sure your vote is cast by JUNE 2 by 5:00pm.
Election results will be announced at the June 5 - Annual Meeting of Members*
The annual nominating process begins in January with interest postcards mailed early in the month.
2021 election timeline
- Nov. 2020 Ohio Cooperative Living (OCL) article on the process for electing trustees, including a timeline
- Dec. 2020 OCL article on qualifications needed to run for the board
- Jan. 4, 2021 Mail member interest cards to the districts
- Jan. 6, 2021 150 days from annual meeting; earliest the board can appoint the nominating committee
- Jan. 22, 2021 Member interest cards due; validated for membership; mail member application packet
- Jan. 26, 2021 Regular Jan. board meeting; appoint nominating committee
- Feb. 10, 2021 Member candidate application due by 4:00 p.m.
- Feb. 11, 2021 Notice/packet mailed to nominating committee
- Feb. 18, 2021 Nominating committee meeting
- Feb. 23, 2021 Regular Feb. board meeting
- March 4, 2021 Second nominating committee meeting notice (if necessary)
- March 26, 2021 Last day nominations by committee or petition can be filed with the secretary (70 days prior to annual meeting)
- March 30, 2021 Regular March board meeting
- April 27, 2021 Regular April board meeting
- May 2021 Official meeting notice in May OCL magazine
- May 14, 2021 Latest ballots can be mailed to members (20 days prior to annual meeting)
- May 25, 2021 Regular May board meeting
- Jun 2021 Final meeting notice in June OCL magazine
- June 2, 2021 Ballots due
- June 5, 2021 Annual meeting, 9 a.m. at URE office (*Due to COVID 19 - alternative plans may be made)
- June 29, 2021 Reorganization June meeting to elect board officers