The rate you pay for electricity is based on the type of service you receive. The bill is made up of three parts:
- Distribution Services (including State Excise Tax)
- Single phase service (effective 8/2018)
This rate applies to small businesses and farms that also have singe-phase service.
- Three phase service (effective 8/2018)
Fuel Cost Adjustment rate will change monthly. The current rate is $0.0259860 (updated 04/2019)
Identify Your Rate
- Typically for small businesses or hobby barns
- Three-phase services
- Broken out into four classes of service:
- Rate 20- small offices/warehouses, retail (transformer capacity 1 to 99 kVa)
- Rate 21 - larger office/warehouse space (transformer capacity 100 to 299 kVa)
- Rate 22 - dist. center/manufacturing, retail (transformer capacity 300 to 749 kVa)
- Rate 23 - manufacturing, large retail (transformer capacity 750 to 1,499 kVa)
Large commercial and industrial operations utilizing 1,500 kW per month or greater may be qualified for URE Rate MPS, LPS or Rate H-23 once the total energy and service requirements of the member have been analyzed by URE.
The Outdoor Lighting (effective Aug. 2013) schedule has the applicable rates listed for streetlight and private outdoor lighting services.
Natural Gas Rates
Rate 20 | Small General Service Updated 04/2019
- $0.716220 / ccf
Small General Service Information | Updated 08/2011
Rate 30 | Medium General Service Updated 04/2019
- $0.716220 /ccf up to 250 ccf
- $0.696220/ ccf over 250 ccf
Medium General Service Info | Updated 08/2011
Remember both the electric fuel cost and the fuel cost for natural gas change monthly so monthly rates are subject to fluctuation.